If you are a victim of PARTNER OR FAMILY MEMBER ASSAULT, the County Attorney’s Office may file criminal charges against your abuser. You have the right to go to court and file a petition requesting any of the following:

(1)     An order restraining your abuser from contacting or threating you.

(2)     An order directing your abuser to leave your household.

(3)     An order preventing your abuser from transferring any property, except in the usual course of business.

(4)     An order awarding you or the other parent custody of, or visitation with, a minor child or children.

(5)     An order restraining your abuser from interfering with minor children in your custody other than conditions of court-ordered visitation.

(6)     An order directing the non-custodial parent to pay support of minor children or support of the other party in there is a legal obligation to do so.

(a) “Family member” means mothers, fathers, children, brothers, sisters, and other past or present family members of a household. These relationships include relationships created by adoption and remarriage, including stepchildren, stepparents, in-laws, and adoptive children and parents. These relationships continue regardless of the ages of the parties and whether the parties reside in the same household.

(b) “Partners” means spouses, former spouses, persons who have a child in common, and persons who have been or are currently in a dating or ongoing intimate relationship with a person of the opposite sex.

Services Available

Violence Free Crisis Line406.752.7273

Crime Victim Advocate

Flathead County406.758.2108
Victim Witness Advocate406.261.9084
Help Net406.752.8181
24 hour toll free800.332.8425
Stillwater Therapeutic Service (children only for outpatient therapy) – Mental Health406.752.6100
24 hour Mental Health Crisis Line406.752.6262
Chemical Dependency406.756.6453
Adult Services406-257-1336